Pranayama – the yogic art of breathing.
This class is available on all current yoga passes at Aham Yoga. Whether you’re a new student or an experienced practitioner – we welcome you to sit down & breathe with us.
Click here to book your pranayama class today!
Pranayama is an ancient and integral part of Yoga – the yogic art of breathing. An ancient yoga practice that draws our focus inwards towards the breath, enabling us with various techniques that improve respiration, invigorates the lungs, improves brain function, feeds all other bodily systems, and helps to create longevity in our lives. Think of it as “asanas” for the subtle body.
Pranayama is a seated practice where one intentionally, rhythmically, and rigorously works with the breath through guided instruction. The word pranayama means ‘extension of breath’ (prana = breath & ayama = extension). It is an inseparable part of yoga and is preceded by asana or physical practice. To be able to achieve success in the practice one needs to have an established practice of asana. To get started with your physical practice, click here.
To maintain good health, longevity, and holistic yoga practice, one needs to maintain a healthy balance of asana and pranayama. The practice is subtle yet powerful, leading to numerous physical, mental, and emotional benefits.
Aham Yoga conducts regular pranayama series. These series are led by our founder, Arundhati Baitmangalkar, one of the few teachers who continues to teach this practice regularly in the area. With her guided instruction and attention to detail, all students experience not only the many benefits from the practice but also the ability to understand this ancient practice with clarity and ease.
- Every Mondays express pranayama & restorative yoga 5:45 pm to 6:30 pm
WHO CAN PRACTICE PRANAYAMA?
- All level yoga practitioners.
- Yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees.
- Pregnant women.
- Anyone above the age of 17 years.
- Please avoid eating anything heavy 2 hours prior to class
THE BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA?
- Increases longevity of life.
- Increases & improves blood circulation to organs.
- Increases digestion, vigor, vitality, perception, and memory.
- Strengthens the nervous system & respiratory system.
- Purifies nadis ( energy pathways) & protects internal organs.
- Frees the mind from the grasp of the body, sharpens the intellect and illuminates the self.
- Quietens the upsurge of senses and desires.
- Experience a state of serenity.
- Relives stress, depression, and hypertension.
- Efficient utilization of energy produced by bodily systems.
- Increases resistance to diseases.
- Keeps lungs clean from bacterial diseases by the efficient circulation of blood and lymph.
- Helps the liver to be healthy.
- Helps gain a clearer state of mind.
Come discover various breathing techniques that are not only challenging, but also detailed, explained, corrected, and consistent. You will leave feeling more refreshed, energized, active, and peaceful.