The tween years are an especially powerful time to develop a yoga practice and our preteen summer yoga camp was created especially with the needs of this age group in mind. Yoga helps in times of stress, boredom, social-emotional challenges, and greater academic demands. A rich foundation in yoga provides kids this age with invaluable tools for maintaining physical and mental wellness in their day-to-day lives. We invite your tween to join us as we move, stretch, balance, relax, and energize. Each session will include a yoga practice and yoga-related activities.
Our summer camp teacher, Michelle, is a 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance, a Certified Personal Trainer with NASM, a professional educator and fitness coach, and the mother of a middle schooler. Enrolment is limited to 20 to allow for individualized attention.
This class welcomes young people with all levels of yoga experience, including absolute beginners. Each session will include yoga poses that strengthen mind and body, as well as breathing and meditation strategies. These activities increase peace and calm, as well as focus and concentration. Campers will learn how to cultivate their most positive selves. The camp will be supportive and inclusive for all, with an emphasis on your own growth, not competing or comparing against others.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-11:30am at Aham Yoga in Redmond
Dates: July 27-31 or August 17-21
Tuition: Early bird $199 (through April 20); general enrollment $225
Supplies: Participants should bring a yoga mat, healthy snacks that aren’t messy or sticky, and a refillable water bottle. Wear comfortable clothes that allow for easy movement (e.g. t-shirts and athletic shorts or leggings).
FAQ and Additional Information
- Our teacher is certified in first aid and CPR and has passed a criminal background check.
- For the smooth running of our classes, parents may not stay to observe.
- We do not have before or after camp childcare available. Thank you for dropping off your child on time so that they can fully participate without disrupting the flow of class, and picking them up promptly at the end, as other classes run in our studio.
- Campers are welcome to enroll in multiple sessions. They will learn more and improve with practice!
- Our camp will maintain an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for all campers. We ask that campers use respectful words and bodies at all times, but we understand that children are at different developmental levels and learning to getting along with others. It is valuable to learn to resolve differences. However, if unsafe behavior persists, including unwelcome physical contact and/or hurtful language, we reserve the right to call an adult from your contact form and ask for your child to be picked up at once. Persistent problematic behavior may result in a child’s not being allowed to return for the remainder of camp.
- If a child does not complete camp at our request, a prorated amount will be refunded based on the number of days of attendance. However, if you choose to withdraw your child early or your child misses camp due to other reasons, such as illness or travel, we are unable to provide refunds.