Let your kids experience the fun and benefits of yoga! Yoga improves physical health—for example, strength, flexibility, and coordination—but also social-emotional well-being and academic performance. The cognitive benefits of yoga include greater emotional regulation, concentration, and mindfulness, which are the foundation of positive experiences with peers, in sports and other extracurriculars, and in the classroom. In a stress-filled world where even little ones spend a lot of time looking at screens, yoga is a valuable practice for slowing down and cultivating a balanced life.
Our kids’ yoga camp teacher, Srujana, is a mother of two with extensive experience leading kids yoga classes. The total class size will be kept to 20 to allow for individualized attention.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:45am-11:45am at Aham Yoga in Redmond
Dates: July 13-17 & August 10-14
Tuition: Early bird $199 (through April 20); general enrollment $225
Yoga mats will be provided. Kids should bring healthy snacks and water bottles and wear comfortable clothes they can move in (e.g. t-shirts and athletic shorts or leggings). Campers should bring one change of clothes in a labeled bag.
Our activities will accommodate different levels of yoga experience and physical ability. We’ll make new friends, practice breathing exercises, play yoga-themed games, learn about living a healthy and active lifestyle, and much more! By the end of camp, your child will be familiar with a variety of yoga poses and how to do them safely. The camp will be supportive and inclusive for all, with an emphasis on your own growth, not competing or comparing against others.
FAQ & additional information
- Our teacher is certified in first aid and CPR and has passed a criminal background check.
- For the smooth running of our classes, parents may not stay to observe.
- We do not have before or after camp childcare available. Thank you for dropping off your child on time so that they can fully participate without disrupting the flow of the class, and picking them up promptly at the end, as other classes run in our studio.
- Children are welcome to enroll in both sessions. They will learn more and improve with practice!
- Our camp will maintain an environment that is physically and emotionally safe for all campers. We ask that campers use respectful words and bodies at all times, but we understand that children are at different developmental levels and learning to get along with others. It is valuable to learn to resolve differences. However, if unsafe behavior persists, including unwelcome physical contact and/or hurtful language, we reserve the right to call an adult from your contact form and ask for your child to be picked up at once. Persistent problematic behavior may result in a child’s not being allowed to return for the remainder of camp.
- If a child does not complete camp at our request, a prorated amount will be refunded based on the number of days of attendance. However, if you choose to withdraw your child early or your child misses camp due to other reasons, such as illness or travel, we are unable to provide refunds.