Why Prenatal Yoga?
At Aham yoga, we encourage all of our pregnant students to practice as often as possible to maximize the benefits of yoga during your pregnancy. Prenatal Yoga is beneficial as your body is going through constant changes with each day presenting something new or different. Our teachers have the expertise to help you cope with these changes whether you’re struggling with nausea, constipation, swollen legs, or just lack of sleep. Not only do you get a prenatal yoga practice, but it presents a great opportunity to learn about your body, understand how to support it during this period of intense change, and help your baby by being in the best form physically, mentally, and emotionally.
What to expect from the series?
- 1 session per week for 6 weeks
- Designed to help soon-to-be moms create healthy habits, address discomfort during pregnancy, and have fun with other soon-to-be-mommas
- Plenty of one-on-one assistance and attention with your yoga instructor to assure a safe, comfortable practice
- Assistance in preparing your body for a better labor and delivery experience for yourself and your baby
- Helpful Blogposts, videos, and homework poses provided
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga
- Opens and stabilizes the hips.
- Strengthens the back and legs.
- Reduces swelling and improves circulation.
- Increases body and mind awareness.
- Instills a deeper understanding of what the body needs.
- Induces a sense of well-being for mother & child.
- Decreases stress levels.
- Prepares the body for labor.
- Helps regulate sleeping pattern.
- Stabilizes moods and emotions.
- Dissolves common pregnancy complaints of aches, pains, and swelling.
- Check back for future series
- Bring Yoga Mat and Water bottle
- Bare foot class
- Eat 60-90 minutes before class
- Clear with your doctor before participating
When can I start Prenatal Yoga? As soon as you find out you’re expecting. Just make sure to double check with your doctor before starting any physical activity.
I’ve never done yoga before, will this series be suitable for me? YES! Our classes are beginner friendly and our instructors are trained to cater to all levels of practitioners.
Is this hot yoga? No, our studio is not a heated yoga studio. You’ll be comfortably warm in our classes. Hot yoga is not safe for pregnant women.
Can I eat before class? Yes, 60 to 90 minutes before class is suitable.
I’ve been very tired or have had no energy. Can I handle this class? Yes, whatever may be going on the day of class, please let your instructor know. They can help energize you.
Can I bring my other child to class? No, sorry. Kids and non-participating adults are not allowed.
What if I want to do yoga more than once a week? We’ll give you some homework yoga sequences to do at home.
What if I miss a class? We recommend you attend all 6 weeks as one week builds on the next one. There are no make up classes available.
What happens after the series finishes? You should sign up for the next series or another class at Aham! The goal is to keep moving throughout pregnancy.
What do you have for postpartum yoga? We offer postpartum workshops periodically. Please keep an eye out on our website for that.
Please note: Participation is by pre-registration only. This series cannot be extended or transferred to other classes.