Aham Yoga’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is designed to empower our students by building a thorough understanding behind the 5,000 year old discipline of yoga. Students will gain the confidence to communicate and teach the practice of yoga to others with skill, while learning to honor their own unique voice and teaching style. Whether you are an established yoga teacher, an aspiring yoga teacher, or a practitioner looking to deepen their own practice and understanding of yoga, our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is committed to the personal success of each student.
Led by our lead teacher, and founder of Aham Yoga, Arundhati Baitmangalkar, our 200 Hour Hatha and Vinyasa Teacher Training Course is a perfect blend of strong theory and practice. Having studied yoga extensively in India for several years before moving here, she combines what she knows with her 10+ years of teaching experience to help new teachers become better yoga practitioners and teachers.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Highlights
- Study of the origin and evolution of yoga – referencing important yogic texts.
- Advanced study of asana practice – alignment, technique, modifications, props, etc.
- Teaching Methodology – the art of sequencing and teaching.
- Yoga therapeutics for common ailments – back pain, wrist pain, sciatica, etc.
- Understanding movement and stillness – Hatha and Vinyasa styles of yoga.
- Pranayama, meditation, and chanting practice.
- Complimentary pre-course work.
- Apprenticeship opportunities.
Weekend training dates, Friday – Sunday
- January 19 – 21, 2018
- January 26 – 28
- February 2 – 4
- February 9 – 11
- February 16 – 18
- February 23 – 25
- March 2 – 4
- March 8 – 10
- March 16 – 18
- March 23 – 25
- Graduation will be held on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Weekend Class Timings:
- Fridays: 6pm – 8:30pm
- Saturdays: 9am – 6:00pm
- Sundays: 12:30pm – 6:00pm
*There will be an hour long lunch break, as well as multiple 15 minute breaks between longer sessions.
Early bird price: $2750 + tax (until November 20, 2017)
Regular price: $2850 + tax (after November 20 , 2017)
Installment Options: $3100 + tax to be paid in 2 installments
- 50% due within 2 weeks of acceptance ($1525 + tax)
- Remaining 50% ($1525 + tax) to be paid on or before February 17, 2018*
*Valid credit card information required at the time of registration. This will be auto-charged on the date mentioned above.
**All prices mentioned above are exclusive of tax and applicable at the time of registration.
***Application fee is non-refundable.
The training is suitable for the following:
- Existing practitioners who wish to dive deeper into the practice and study of yoga, and who want to teach yoga.
- Existing teachers who want to deepen their understanding of the subject and refine their teaching skills.
- Students who want to study but do not necessarily want to teach yoga.
It is highly encouraged that you begin attending classes, workshops, and information sessions at Aham Yoga at your earliest possible convenience. This will give you a clear understanding of our methods and approach, give you a jump start on the training, and give us an opportunity to connect with each other.
Other requirements include:
- 1 year minimum on-going and consistent yoga practice as well as an established home practice.
- Should be able to attend ALL hours of contact classes and complete all assignments and teaching examinations on time; those who are not certifying to teach, are also expected to attend all hours for successful completion